Monday, October 6, 2014

The Garden State

Dear reader,

Is your garden well tended? Do you spend time to care for this, to watch it grow, to reap the rewards when the time come? Or are we to busy with other things? To caught up with the material world and your garden has withered?

Our garden state is the place where we are fullest. No food full, but sort of emotion full. Just like everything seems right. When we are in our garden we are content. Everyone's garden is different, because it is doing the things that we love regardless of the outcome. We are just doing it, because why not.

But is that not enough. We have been trained, raised, that we always look at others and we want what they have. Things that we dont have, so we automatically want it. But why? Why is that when we have enough, it is never enough? Our gardens have be been ignored as we look at someone else's weeds and see roses.

We need to begin to cultivate our gardens again. Ignore what other people have, because it's not truly what we want. I don't know, I don't know if I am making any sense anymore. I just feel like we should do more of what we want. Find new and excited hobbies and let them grow.

I'm done,
Nathan

3 comments:

  1. You did make sense. I really like the line that you said we look at someone else's weeds and see roses. This is very true, its just greed because when we see someone else happy we want what they have even if we have more than enough because we want to be more happy than they next person. We want our garden to be bigger and better than every one else's even if it doesn't make us truly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your statement it well describes what our society has ended up today. I think that our job as a society is to work hard and totally redo our morals in order to change how society works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you included so many questions in this blog; they make the reader think/explore with you and, therefore, make your argument much more convincing. Although I do not always follow through with it, I connect very much with what you expressed in this blog.

    ReplyDelete